Longwood Foundation Grant Request Guidelines
The Foundation accepts grant requests from non-profit organizations located in and/or benefiting the residents, environment, or culture of the state of Delaware and Southern Chester County, Pennsylvania within a four-mile radius of Longwood Gardens.
Our deadlines for grant requests are March 1 and September 1, (but we encourage you to submit your request earlier if it is ready). Our review of all grant requests will include an interview and/or site visit within eight weeks of the deadline. Please plan on including your organization’s leader and Board Chair in this. Funding decisions are generally made by the Foundation’s Board within three months. The Trustees ask that you wait two years before requesting another grant – whether this request is funded or not. Please do not submit any grant requests via an email to a staff member. Also keep in mind that Longwood does not fund more than 50% of a project.
All requests must be submitted online. When you have gathered the required information, click on APPLY. The first time you apply, you will be prompted to create a login ID and password before proceeding with your request. In addition to answering the series of questions in the online application, there are required attachments. You will see these as you progress through the application process.
We will confirm receipt of your grant request immediately automatically. If you do not receive immediate confirmation please contact us to make sure it was received.
The following materials must be included:
- Background information regarding your organization’s history including the services you provide, demographics you serve and programs offered, (limit one paragraph).
- Measurable outcomes you expect to achieve with the project over the life of the grant and how these outcomes address your mission:
- How do you know when success has been achieved?
- How do you know there is enough time and money left to achieve success?
- How will you sustain or improve results after the grant term ends?
- A list of your Board of Directors and Advisory Committees.
- An independent audit or annual report which provides information about your organization’s financial health and covers the most recent two years. Include a two-year cash flow projection.